Careers / Instructors
Economic Driving School is certified by the State of California to teach instructors to become Driver Education and Training teachers. Our school will train teachers for a modest fee.
Teach Driver Training (In-Car Instruction)
If your interested in teaching Driver Training (Behind-The-Wheel) instruction and making $35.00 per hour and more, and working the days and times you choose, this is what you will need:
Here is what you will need to do to become a licensed instructor:
- Be 21 years old and a high school graduate.
- Possess a clean driving record. No drunk driving offenses. Minimal moving violations or accidents may be acceptable.
- Have a small to mid-size automatic car in good running condition to teach in.
- Fill out an application form to become a licensed instructor and pay the $31.00 licensing fee.
- Take a 50 question written exam at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Complete and pass a medical exam.
- Be fingerprinted.
- Have an instructor brake installed in your vehicle. We will provide you with the information on how to obtain it and where to go to have the brake installed.
- Obtain the proper insurance.
- Complete the instructor training course of 40 hours of classroom instruction and 20 hours of behind-the-wheel training.